2.5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Denied Joining Google Nonprofit Under Group Exemption

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I seem to be stuck in a cycle of applying/being rejected into the Google Nonprofit program. We are a chapter based organization, but are a separate branch covered through group exemption. My first attempt at applying I followed these guidelines but received the following response back:

We were unable to determine the relationship between "your organization" and the charity ID provided.

I used the information that is included in our group exemption letter to complete the application (address/PO Box, etc.)

My second attempt at applying I received the following response back:

We regret to inform you that your application has not been approved. A Google for Nonprofits application has already been submitted for "your organization". To learn how to request access to this application...

Per the previous guidelines I am NOT to request access to the application. I'm very confused on how to proceed. Any guidance is much appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Denied Joining Google Nonprofit Under Group Exemption

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
With out guessing any thing I suggest you that contact to Google adwords representatives on phone . They can clarify about why your application is rejected & why in second attempt it shows, application already submitted.

Please follow this helpful link:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

Mohit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Mohit. Will contacting a Google adwords rep help with getting my Google Nonprofit account approved though?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes,
I think they will help you. You try to contact them.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Sal S

I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you in advance Robert! I completed the form this morning.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert,

Any chance that you were able to investigate what is causing our application rejection? Any guidance on next steps is appreciated!