AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Denied Joining Google Nonprofit Under Group Exemption

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I seem to be stuck in a cycle of applying/being rejected into the Google Nonprofit program. We are a chapter based organization, but are a separate branch covered through group exemption. My first attempt at applying I followed these guidelines but received the following response back:

We were unable to determine the relationship between "your organization" and the charity ID provided.

I used the information that is included in our group exemption letter to complete the application (address/PO Box, etc.)

My second attempt at applying I received the following response back:

We regret to inform you that your application has not been approved. A Google for Nonprofits application has already been submitted for "your organization". To learn how to request access to this application...

Per the previous guidelines I am NOT to request access to the application. I'm very confused on how to proceed. Any guidance is much appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Denied Joining Google Nonprofit Under Group Exemption

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
With out guessing any thing I suggest you that contact to Google adwords representatives on phone . They can clarify about why your application is rejected & why in second attempt it shows, application already submitted.

Please follow this helpful link:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

Mohit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Mohit. Will contacting a Google adwords rep help with getting my Google Nonprofit account approved though?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes,
I think they will help you. You try to contact them.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Sal S

I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you in advance Robert! I completed the form this morning.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert,

Any chance that you were able to investigate what is causing our application rejection? Any guidance on next steps is appreciated!