AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Denied Google Ad Grants - Account Age Under 18

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you help me? I created a Gmail account for a client with a birthdate of January 1, 2000 because I was aware of Google's requirement for account holders to be at least 13 years old, but unaware of the Adwords age requirement at the time. The organization's Gmail account has now been accepted into the Google for Non-profits program and I am attempting to set up Google Ad Grants but am unable to do so because of the Adwords age requirement.

I completed this form and provided a scan of my driver's license but have heard nothing back in either my Gmail account or this account's Gmail. (Submitted form on Monday, August 4th)

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/age_verification

I have also attempted to change the account's age via the account's Google+ About section, but I am unable to save a modified birth year. Clicking the "Save" button does nothing after changing the birth year. These are the directions I followed to attempt this fix:

https://support.google.com/plus/answer/1350405?hl=en&authuser=0

Please let me know if there is a fix I can do on my own, or if there is more process to follow to get the situation resolved.

-chris

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Presbyterian F
September 2015

Re: Denied Google Ad Grants - Account Age Under 18

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting!

You have taken the right steps - the form you filled out is the only way to get in touch with the Google Accounts Team. They are usually quick to get back to resolve account issues, however they may be experiencing high volumes at the moment. Unfortunately in this situation the only advice we have is to be patient! I understand it's not ideal, but they should reach back out to you very soon.

Best of luck! 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Presbyterian F
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting!

You have taken the right steps - the form you filled out is the only way to get in touch with the Google Accounts Team. They are usually quick to get back to resolve account issues, however they may be experiencing high volumes at the moment. Unfortunately in this situation the only advice we have is to be patient! I understand it's not ideal, but they should reach back out to you very soon.

Best of luck! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Rachel. I will be patient. Smiley Happy