AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion optimization bid strategies w/$2 CPC limit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Ad Grants Community,

I was wondering whether it was possible to use any of the (auto) bid strategies other than plain manual CPC with an Ad Grants account, e. g. optimize for conversions via Smart Goals/regular conversion tracking, despite the $2 CPC limit that applies to Ad Grants accounts; whether that actually makes any sense and if so, how to set it up.

Any help is appreciated.

Marcus

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marcus Wernicke
January 2016

Re: Conversion optimization bid strategies w/$2 CPC limit

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Marcus Wernicke

With an Ad Grant account, you can only use manual bidding. (Focus on clicks, manual maximum CPC bidding.) You can use Enhanced CPC setting but it will still cap out at the $2 bid mark. As such if you already have your bids set at $2 then it will not do anything. if you are trying to optimize your budget and thereby bidding below the bid At let us say one dollar max CPC then enhanced CPC would work but only up to the two dollar bid cap.

Regarding Smart Goals, at this time, they do not count or qualify as eligible goals for Grantspro status. However, you are certainly encouraged to use them to help you optimize your Ad Grants account. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marcus Wernicke
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Marcus Wernicke

With an Ad Grant account, you can only use manual bidding. (Focus on clicks, manual maximum CPC bidding.) You can use Enhanced CPC setting but it will still cap out at the $2 bid mark. As such if you already have your bids set at $2 then it will not do anything. if you are trying to optimize your budget and thereby bidding below the bid At let us say one dollar max CPC then enhanced CPC would work but only up to the two dollar bid cap.

Regarding Smart Goals, at this time, they do not count or qualify as eligible goals for Grantspro status. However, you are certainly encouraged to use them to help you optimize your Ad Grants account. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, Robert. That is what I thought would be the case. I will use conversion tracking then mainly to concentrate on keyword groups that perform well, to optimize ads etc. only.