AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Connecting AdWords and Google Grants

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I already have AdWords set up and my non-profit was approved for the Google Grant... but the two don't seem to be linking. How do I make sure the Google Grant pays for my AdWords campaign?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Connecting AdWords and Google Grants

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ellen,

I'm not aware of any linking process with Grants.

If you've setup your Grants AdWords account properly, you should not have entered any billing information. If you have no billing information, you can't possibly be charged therefore Google will have to pay.

I know there are procedures for each step in the process and I'm not really sure how far along you are.

Please check out the Grants Forum where I'm sure you'll find similar situations and queries.

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/grants

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ellen,

I'm not aware of any linking process with Grants.

If you've setup your Grants AdWords account properly, you should not have entered any billing information. If you have no billing information, you can't possibly be charged therefore Google will have to pay.

I know there are procedures for each step in the process and I'm not really sure how far along you are.

Please check out the Grants Forum where I'm sure you'll find similar situations and queries.

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/grants

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Ellen,
Tommy is correct - you cannot link an existing AdWords account with your Grant account. You will have to create a new AdWords account from scratch following the instructions in the Grants Account Creation Guide. I do recommend that you keep your existing paid account and use it to run display ads, which can be very effective for nonprofits.