2.2K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Click Caps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We all know how great a Program Google AdGrants is and what it can do for your nonprofit, but with it's particular limitations I find it hard to generate a significant amount of additional traffic to our website. Even after SEO and SEM - we still can't seem to drive the traffic we want. Does anyone have any suggestion for a campaign that is in it's 5th month and at about $9000 spend?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Click Caps

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

5th month and at about $9000 spend? You should be giving tips to others! Smiley Wink

Seriously though, many nonprofits never spend the full $10k and in all honestly, they shouldn't. The fact is, many organizations do not serve an audience large enough or that organization is in a very niche market where the search volume on their relevant terms is extremely low. As someone who has audited many Ad Grant accounts, one of the things I have found is that many of the organizations that are spending the full $10K are spending it on irrelevant traffic.

My suggestion is to focus on the outcome of the spend first before focusing on the spend amount. Are you generating conversions and reaching (non-spend) goals? If not, then that is what you need to focus on first. 

However, once you goals are in place, my top two suggestions on increasing ad spend are:

1) Focus on expanding the content of your website. (You must have relevant content to expand your relevant keywords). 

2) Work on increasing the Click Through Rate (CTR) of your ads. Higher CTRs bring in more clicks, which equals greater ad spend.

Above all, focus on relevancy. Not only will it will pay off in the long run with improved quality scores, it is also a requirement of the Ad Grants program that requires all ads and keywords to be "mission-based".

Re: Click Caps

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Congrats Nacel! Have you tried some great lead magnets....looking in Google Trends to see what people are looking for? I hear your pain totally...