4.5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Charity Status versus Non-Profit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've been researching online for a number of months now trying to find an answewr about Google Adwords Grants for Social Enterprises with little success.

I think the KEY potential misinterpretation of saying you provide Google Adwords Grants to non-profits is incorrect. You provde it, from what I can see, to CHARITIES. There are many more non-profit organisations that do not have charitable status, such as myself and yet I run as a non-profit. I had applied submitting my articles of association as a Community Interest Company but was rejected as you don't recognise this structure. This is a pity, as we are regulated, but I understand, having worked in the charity sector managing their Google Adwords Grant account that being a charity is one of the most regulated sectors.

Could you please add to your documentation that you don't accept Social Enterprises (non-profit) so that this is made clearer.

Thanks

Catherine
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Charity Status versus Non-Profit

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Catherine,
Thanks so much for your post and for taking the time to give us feedback.

I will pass this along to the Google Grants team. In the mean time feel free to review our eligibility guidelines;
https://support.google.com/nonprofits/answer/3215869?hl=en

Kathleen