AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Charity Status versus Non-Profit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've been researching online for a number of months now trying to find an answewr about Google Adwords Grants for Social Enterprises with little success.

I think the KEY potential misinterpretation of saying you provide Google Adwords Grants to non-profits is incorrect. You provde it, from what I can see, to CHARITIES. There are many more non-profit organisations that do not have charitable status, such as myself and yet I run as a non-profit. I had applied submitting my articles of association as a Community Interest Company but was rejected as you don't recognise this structure. This is a pity, as we are regulated, but I understand, having worked in the charity sector managing their Google Adwords Grant account that being a charity is one of the most regulated sectors.

Could you please add to your documentation that you don't accept Social Enterprises (non-profit) so that this is made clearer.

Thanks

Catherine
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Charity Status versus Non-Profit

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Catherine,
Thanks so much for your post and for taking the time to give us feedback.

I will pass this along to the Google Grants team. In the mean time feel free to review our eligibility guidelines;
https://support.google.com/nonprofits/answer/3215869?hl=en

Kathleen