AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Change the AdWords account associated with my Google Ad Grant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I began setting up an AdWords account with our Google Grant a few months ago, but did not finish. I logged in again recently and it said it would not be active without a credit card on file. Rather than reading the instructions again, I inputted the card. (Fatal mistake, I gather). Now, after reading the forums, I realized that I needed to create a new AdWords account from scratch. I finished creating the new account, specifically following the instructions provided. However, I cannot find a way to associate my new AdWords account to my Google Grant or submit my new AdWords account for review. My Google for Nonprofits homepage just says "approved", as I had already enrolled. There's no information about associating a new AdWords account. When I tried to apply again with another email address, it rejected the application because my organization already applied.

How do I fix this? Help!

Many thanks,

Laura

Re: Change the AdWords account associated with my Google Ad Grant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Laura I totaly got your problem.. Looks like your Ad grants enrollment has been approved through your Google for nonprofits(g4np) application but the account was not activated/ineligible due to billing info.
As per g4np policies only one application can be approved per org hence ur second application got rejected to avoid duplication.
Solution : Write to g4np support with your EIN & org details from your g4np login I'd (as a legitimate owner), requesting them to revoke the current Ad grants enrollment. Once it is revoked from the team you shall see a re-apply button under your g4np account. You shall re-apply with a new adwords Id that's created according to Ad Grants Account Creation Guidelines.
I hope this helps. Way to go for ur nonprofit org! Smiley Happy good luck!