2K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot make it past the billing page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have been approved for ad grants, and I have been going through all the steps found here: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1689506?hl=en&rd=1 but AD Words won't let me continue without credit card info - it's been totally frustrating!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author saw v
March 2016

Re: Cannot make it past the billing page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@saw v

You have to be sure to click the blue 'Get Started' button in the Account Creation Guide which will have you start in AdWords at this link: https://adwords.google.com/um/Welcome/Home?a=1&sf=et&authuser=0#ac which allows you to bypass billing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you Robert - that worked like magic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
spoke too soon - got me through to the adwords dashboard to enable my campaign, but still treats me like a commercial customer - "Your account isn't active - To activate your account and start running your ads, enter your billing information." - and to fix it it asks for credit card

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Please note that the AdWords system and interface is designed for paying advertisers. The "enter billing" message will be removed once your account has been submitted for review and approved for use with Ad Grants. To do so, follow the steps below:

Once your AdWords account is created, you are now ready to enroll in Ad Grants and submit your AdWords account for review.

1. Sign in to your Google for Nonprofits account.
    Make sure to sign in using your Google for Nonprofits administrator account which is the account that you used when you first applied for Google for Nonprofits. It may be different than the account you used to create your Google Ad Grants account which you’re enrolling.
  2. Click the ‘Sign up now’ button.
  3. Click the ‘Enroll’ button beneath Google Ad Grants.
  4. Confirm that your AdWords account is configured correctly.
    If you followed the Ad Grants Account Creation Guide it should be but here is your chance to double check before submitting.
  5. Enter the customer ID of the AdWords account you created in the form field and complete the form.
  6. Click ‘Enroll’.
  7. Wait for a decision.
    After you’ve submitted your application, you’ll receive a decision within 5 business days (But often less than 48 hours.) If your AdWords account was set up correctly using the Ad Grants Account Creation Guide, you’ll get an email telling you that your account has been activated. If your AdWords account contained any errors, you’ll get an email with instructions on how to correct the errors before we can activate it.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But we have been approved:

On Thu, October 8, 2015 12:24 am, googlefornonprofits-noreply@google.com wrote:
> Congratulations!
>
>

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Do this, go to the billing section and accept terms and conditions. DO NOT enter any billing information - just accept T&Cs.

Let me know the results.

Also, in the billing section it should show "This Account Not Billed" or something similar. Let me know if it reads something different.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Also, for your privacy and protection, please edit your post above to remove any personally identifiable information such as charity ID. Thanks.