AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot Bypass Billing Info for Google Ad Grants

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, 

We are eager to enroll in the Google Ad Grants program and begun the process when we ran into an issue with a the billing part. 

I've followed the steps in the Guides to Creating a Google Ad Grants Account verbatim, but nothing allows me to bypass the billing information set up our first campaign. 

This program would be a huge blessing for our organization so we're hoping to be able to bypass this issue. 

Thank you! 

Best,

Rebecca of the YMCA 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Cannot Bypass Billing Info for Google Ad Grants

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@YMCA E

Hi Rebecca,

Please try setting the account up using a new Google account that is not tied to any other Google products and follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Grants Account Creation Guide - especially clicking the blue "Get Started' button.

Please follow back up to let me know if that works for you.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey YMCA,

Once you build your AdWords account and submit your AdWords Customer ID via the Google Ad Grants application, Google team will review the account and activate it if it meets their guidelines.

At this point, the billing alerts will disappear from your AdWords account.

You can refer here for that information: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1332176?hl=en

And you can also get in touch with support for further assistance on that, here:
https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1646577?hl=en

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
This is a problem you're not going to be able to solve on your own, I'm afraid.

Once you have gotten to the billing page, you can't bypass it - but you must not enter your billing details otherwise the grant will not be activated. When you got your confirmation email from Google Grants there was a link in the text that would/should take you to a different account set up process where the billing step is bypassed.

But you cannot get back to that page if you've already missed it - but all is not lost!

You'll need to get in touch with your country's Google office on the phone - you can find them here

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067

They will be able to unlink your email access from the current set up and then give you the correct link to go back into the system on the right track.

As I mentioned above - please don't try and fix this yourself - you can only worsen the situation which could jeopardise your grants account....

Funny - but this same issue has come up a few times in the past couple of days - I think it is partly down to the way in which the instructions are written - as I recall you are kind of told to go and set up your AdWords account - and, understandably, you go and try to do that (without using the link you are then sent with the grants confirmation) - I'm going to have to go back and take another look and perhaps escalate this with Google to try and avoid the confusion...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much! We are grateful for all of the support and information! We will be contacting Google very soon for additional information!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Rebecca,

A couple of quick questions:

1) Do you use the link within the Account Creation guide to start the proces?

2) Is the Google account you are using to create the Ad Grants account tied to any other Google products? YouTube, etc?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Robert!

1. The link was the one from the Account Creation guide.
2. The Google account is currently tied to Google Non-Profit's App and YouTube features.

Thank you!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@YMCA E

Hi Rebecca,

Please try setting the account up using a new Google account that is not tied to any other Google products and follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Grants Account Creation Guide - especially clicking the blue "Get Started' button.

Please follow back up to let me know if that works for you.

Cannot Bypass Billing Info for Google Ad Grants

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, to me nothing worked (after creating multiple accounts) until I opened "Get Started" button in an incognito windows (no cookies, you see) then voila, account created!