AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Can't bypass the billing info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've gone back and forth with Google and just about ready to give up in fact I haven't tried again since Feb. just tried again and the same thing. I cannot get past it asking me for payment info. When I ask for help they send me a "special" link that will make it possible to bypass billing info for the adwords grant, it has never done that. I would at least like to have an opportunity to try but this is getting ridiculous. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't bypass the billing info

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Erin,
You posted this question in the Grants board. Are you trying to set up a Google Grants account, or a normal account?

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google Grants.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Erin O

Sorry to hear that you are running into issues while trying to sign up for Ad Grants.

Try this: Clear your cookies/cache and then follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Google Ad Grants Account Creation Guide. IMPORTANT - Be sure to click the blue ‘Get Started’ button – it takes you to a special sign up page just for grantees and makes the process much easier by allowing you to by pass billing.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having a similar issue. I followed the steps exactly as outlined in the Google Ad Grants Account Creation Guide, set up two campaigns, a few different ad groups. Everything looks good, except I'm getting no ad impressions. In the Ad preview and diagnosis tool, it says: Your ad is not showing for the keyword "ecuador lodge" ( USA/CAN Lodge > Ecolodge )
Your ads are not running because there is a problem with your billing information.
The acct number is <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>
Thanks for your help.

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect privacy and account security.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, I'm experiencing exactly the same problems as above! I have cleared my cache and cookies too but to no avail. I am also following the guide letter by letter... Can someone please advise me what else to try? Many thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I wish I could help you, I even had my account deleted by them to start
over and the same thing happened. I've pretty much given up at this point,
nothing is working and I don't have time to keep doing the same thing over
and over with the same results. Good luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kathleen, I am experiencing exactly the sametrouble described by Erin and others. I also tried to contact the AdWords help desk and they simply replied they cannot give any information about this because they only answer questions related to "paid for" AdWords...

Unfortunately they could not give me any alternatives as for contacting an appropriate support team. Can you help with that ? Thank you in advance

Raffaele

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

Hi All,

I've reached out to @Raffaele M@Erin O @Sarah M and @MetaMorf via email to get account specific details to help with this for each of you! 

Kathleen

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
@MetaMorf go into billing and accept the terms and conditions and you should be good to go.