AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Can't access non-profit account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In trying to set up a Google for nonprofits account to qualify for Google Ad Grants, I was told my organization already had an account with Google for nonprofits. I must have set it up years ago and forgot about it. I couldn't access it, but instead a form was generated that could be submitted to Google to ask for administration privileges to be transferred. Since I am leaving my organization at the end of the month, I filled it out with my successor's information. Strangely, it would not allow me to change the email address from my personal address to her address, but I submitted it anyway.

I got the following email in my personal email box:

Hello,

This email is to confirm that we have sent your request for administrative access to the current administrator(s) of the Google for Nonprofits membership account for [my organization's name]. The current administrator(s) have 14 days to respond to your request. If the administrator(s) do not respond within 14 days, a Google representative will review the request and may transfer ownership of the Google for Nonprofits membership account to you if they can verify you are a member of the organization.

Sincerely,

The Google for Nonprofits Team

I have no idea who the current administrator is. I would think it would be me under my organization email address, but I didn't receive any request for administrative access to the account.

Based on the information that was already included in the form generated by Google, it would seem I set up the account using my personal address. But if that were the case, then I would have received the request there. I didn't, though. I only got the confirmation notice above.

Any idea what my successor can do either to access this already existing account so that she can move ahead with Google ad grant or create a new account for our nonprofit?

Thanks very much!
1 Expert replyverified_user

Can't access non-profit account

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Beth, 

Welcome to the AdWords Community!

If you have already requested access via the administrative access request form in Request Administrative Privileges link, the original owner will have 14 days to respond. If they don't respond, a Google representative will review your request to verify ownership. Note that the email will be sent to the account from which you made the request.

If you don't hear back from us after the 14 day period, I recommend reaching out to our Google for Nonprofits team

Best,

Tina