AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Can not-for-profits run Shopping Ads for items that go directly to donor countries?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all!

I work at a non-profit and we have an ethical gifts program that takes dedicated funds for gifts and delivers said gifts to people in our sponsored communities (IE if someone buys a mosquito net and someone else buys a goat, we don't pool that money and put it where the need is greatest. When you buy a mosquito net a mosquito net is delivered to one of our sponsored communities, and when you buy a goat a goat and education on how to raise livestock is given to a family in our sponsored communities). 

That being said, could I run Google Shopping Ads for these items? Any insight would be appreciated! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Running Google Ads for a Not-For-Profit Ethical Gift Giving Program

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all!

I work at a non-profit and we have an ethical gifts program that takes dedicated funds for gifts and delivers said gifts to people in our sponsored communities (IE if someone buys a mosquito net and someone else buys a goat, we don't pool that money and put it where the need is greatest. When you buy a mosquito net a mosquito net is delivered to one of our sponsored communities, and when you buy a goat a goat and education on how to raise livestock is given to a family in our sponsored communities). 

That being said, could I run Google Shopping Ads for these items? Any insight would be appreciated! 

Can not-for-profits run Shopping Ads for items that go directly to donor countries?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Nicki L

Technically, yes you could - you just could not do it through Ad Grants. You would have to set up a paid AdWords account and run the shopping ads through that since Ad Grants only allows for text based ads within search.