AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Can churches qualify for Google Ad Grants?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@RobertCoats

Hi , we do have some concern. The church doesn't enroll any homosexual as church member. Would it be considered a violation of Google policy?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Re: Can churches qualify for Google Ad Grants?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Kingdom G

Can churches qualify for Google Ad Grants? Certainly they can and there are MANY churches in the Google for Nonprofits and Google Ad Grants programs. With that said, not all churches qualify because not all churches certify that:

• Their organization does not discriminate on any unlawful basis in either hiring/employment practices or in the administration of programs and services.
  • Their organization does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity in hiring/employment practices.

So if your church discriminates on the basis of sexual orientation (even if it is your right to do so as a church) then I am afraid it would not meet Google's eligibility guidelines.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Re: Can churches qualify for Google Ad Grants?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Kingdom G

Can churches qualify for Google Ad Grants? Certainly they can and there are MANY churches in the Google for Nonprofits and Google Ad Grants programs. With that said, not all churches qualify because not all churches certify that:

• Their organization does not discriminate on any unlawful basis in either hiring/employment practices or in the administration of programs and services.
  • Their organization does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity in hiring/employment practices.

So if your church discriminates on the basis of sexual orientation (even if it is your right to do so as a church) then I am afraid it would not meet Google's eligibility guidelines.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@RobertCoats

I mean we have qualification for being a believer in our church. Will admitting the membership and their practice in the church be considered as hiring/employment relationship? Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Kingdom G

Not allowing someone in your church membership based on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity would fall under the section of "administration of programs and services."