AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Can a small nonprofit preschool (with no philanthropic arm) apply for a Google Ad Grant?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My daughter attends a small nonprofit preschool and kindergarten for children ages 4-6. We need help to get the word out about the school to boost enrollment for next year. I thought I might be able to volunteer and help by applying for a Google Ad Grant. The entity is a U.S.-based nonprofit registered with the IRS (NTEE code B21). I read in the eligibility requirements that child care facilities and schools cannot apply for Ad Grants, only their philanthropic arms can. But our preschool is very small (with a total of 15-20 students per year) and does not have a philanthropic arm. As a nonprofit that meets a critical need in our rural community, is it possible to apply for an Ad Grant in this special case?

Thanks,

Sam

1 Expert replyverified_user

Can a small nonprofit preschool (with no philanthropic arm) apply for a Google Ad Grant?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @sam b

Unfortunately, all grantees have to meet the eligibility guidelines and an org with NTEE category code of B21 would not be eligible.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply. I understand that the eligibility guidelines prohibit schools and child care centers from applying for Ad Grants... I just don't understand why. It makes sense to me in the case of a large institution (a university, a high school, a big child care program) that has significant assets and resources to conduct its own online outreach. It doesn't make sense to me in the case of a much smaller entity that does not have these resources and has 501(c)(3) nonprofit status and a charitable mission just like the other nonprofits that do qualify for Ad Grants. Can someone at Google explain the logic behind this component of the eligibility guidelines?

Thanks,

Sam