AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Can a nonprofit that help small businesses use the grant for small businesses?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have gotten this grant several times in the past so I know this is a sticky subject. I have never gotten my ads stopped for any reason and dont want to tarnish that for me or for anyone...

So, A client wants to know if a nonprofit is dedicated to helping small business be successful, help advertise that business.

Case 1 - Can they create a landing page explaining that "whatever external business" is part of the nonprofit, listing their services and the outside company gets a link on page

Case 2 - Can they use adwords on other peoples products and services on their own site if all funds go to support the mission

Case 3 - Can the nonprofit provide paid for ethical accreditation services to small businesses to further their mission?

Case 4 - Can they offer ad grant management services directly on their site?

Case 5 - Does the rule of "beginning and ending in the same link" apply external site link like referred to in case 4?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Can a nonprofit that help small businesses use the grant for small businesses?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Hey C

Respectfully, those scenarios would not be within the spirit of the Ad Grants program and would not meet the requirements for mission-based campaigns. Even if the mission of the nonprofit is to promote local businesses, the ad grant still cannot be used to promote those local businesses.

Re: Can a nonprofit that help small businesses use the grant for small businesses?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see that in case of 1 and 2, you are certainly correct and your link is relevant but, wouldnt 3 and 4 fall in line with all the guidelines?