AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Can a nonprofit that help small businesses use the grant for small businesses?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have gotten this grant several times in the past so I know this is a sticky subject. I have never gotten my ads stopped for any reason and dont want to tarnish that for me or for anyone...

So, A client wants to know if a nonprofit is dedicated to helping small business be successful, help advertise that business.

Case 1 - Can they create a landing page explaining that "whatever external business" is part of the nonprofit, listing their services and the outside company gets a link on page

Case 2 - Can they use adwords on other peoples products and services on their own site if all funds go to support the mission

Case 3 - Can the nonprofit provide paid for ethical accreditation services to small businesses to further their mission?

Case 4 - Can they offer ad grant management services directly on their site?

Case 5 - Does the rule of "beginning and ending in the same link" apply external site link like referred to in case 4?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Can a nonprofit that help small businesses use the grant for small businesses?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Hey C

Respectfully, those scenarios would not be within the spirit of the Ad Grants program and would not meet the requirements for mission-based campaigns. Even if the mission of the nonprofit is to promote local businesses, the ad grant still cannot be used to promote those local businesses.

Re: Can a nonprofit that help small businesses use the grant for small businesses?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see that in case of 1 and 2, you are certainly correct and your link is relevant but, wouldnt 3 and 4 fall in line with all the guidelines?