AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Can I run these Adword ads for different website?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

My Google Grants Adwords was approved for my NGO (say xyz.com) few months back and I have been running ads for it ever since.

I have a separate website (say abc.com) which is an initiative of my NGO and since it was big enough, I decided to create a separate website for it. It says clearly everywhere - logo, header, footer, etc that it is an initiative of the NGO. 

My question is can I create ads for abc.com? Or is it recommended that I create webpage on xyz.com/abc and then create an advertisement for that page? Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rahul M
December 2016

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi there,

Thanks for posting to the Community.

There are particular website requirements and policies that apply when you’re using a Google Ad Grants account.

Specific to your question, restrictions such as only using one domain would apply.

For instance, if your organization had the domain name www.example.org, the following URLs would be allowed under Ad Grants policy:

The following examples would be rejected under Ad Grants policy:

In regards, I'd recommend creating a webpage on "xyz.com/abc" to adhere to our policy standards.

However, there are reasons to request an exception. These exceptions include:

• Promote ongoing projects with similar content owned by your organization
  • Contain the same information as your main domain but for a different language
  • Replace your original website because you've changed your domain since applying for Ad Grants

To learn more about this policy, read this Help Center article.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Spencer

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rahul M
December 2016

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi there,

Thanks for posting to the Community.

There are particular website requirements and policies that apply when you’re using a Google Ad Grants account.

Specific to your question, restrictions such as only using one domain would apply.

For instance, if your organization had the domain name www.example.org, the following URLs would be allowed under Ad Grants policy:

The following examples would be rejected under Ad Grants policy:

In regards, I'd recommend creating a webpage on "xyz.com/abc" to adhere to our policy standards.

However, there are reasons to request an exception. These exceptions include:

• Promote ongoing projects with similar content owned by your organization
  • Contain the same information as your main domain but for a different language
  • Replace your original website because you've changed your domain since applying for Ad Grants

To learn more about this policy, read this Help Center article.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Spencer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank You for your reply and the relevant links. Appreciate it.