3.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Can I promote endowment funds?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client is a community foundation. Through the foundation, you can start an endowment fund where the you build the fund to $10,000 and then it starts paying out to the charity. Essentially, it is a fund that lives forever.

Google Ad Grants States, "Strictly commercial advertising is prohibited. If you’re promoting products or services, 100% of the proceeds must go directly to supporting your programme." and "Your ads may not offer financial products (like mortgages or credit cards), nor can they request donations of cars, boats or other property."

I would argue that an endowment fund isn't a financial product (especially like the examples they list), but the first quote about products or services being prohibited is tricky.

Will I be able to create ads promoting endowment funds? 

Thanks,

Brittany

Can I promote endowment funds?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Brittany,

The best way to find out is enrolling the Google for NonProfits program and they will tell you. You will find out if it's going to be approved or not. In some NGO, their core services meet the eligibility guidelines, you are 501(c)3, but for other services they offer, they can not accessed to the program. 

Also you can contact with Google to find that answer --> Contact options for Nonprofits: https://support.google.com/nonprofits/answer/1658458?hl=en&ref_topic=3247654