AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Can Churches be Accepted into Google Ad Grants?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I found an old post from last year, but want to be sure that

1) Churches can be accepted, as long as they meet criteria 

2) That they don't have to be a 501(c)3, because Churches are inherently by law nonprofits?

3) That they don't necessarily have to be active in any other type of "charitable" activities, other than running standard church services.

The other information i'm finding online is from 2014, so I want to be 100% sure.

Can anyone help clarify any/all of those for me? 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Cordially,

Tyler Abernethy

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tyler A
December 2015

Re: Can Churches be Accepted into Google Ad Grants?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tyler,
1) yes, churches are allowed in the Ad Grants program as long as they meet the eligibility requirements.
2) technically true but Google still needs to be able to verify that they are a nonprofit. This either means that they need their own EIN or they will need to register under a parent organization. Registering under a parent organization EIN is typically what most churches do.
3) nonprofits of all types are within the program. Some have wide-reaching missions some have very narrowly focus missions. Google allows all types and.church services are allowed.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tyler A
December 2015

Re: Can Churches be Accepted into Google Ad Grants?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tyler,
1) yes, churches are allowed in the Ad Grants program as long as they meet the eligibility requirements.
2) technically true but Google still needs to be able to verify that they are a nonprofit. This either means that they need their own EIN or they will need to register under a parent organization. Registering under a parent organization EIN is typically what most churches do.
3) nonprofits of all types are within the program. Some have wide-reaching missions some have very narrowly focus missions. Google allows all types and.church services are allowed.