AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Can Ad Grants accounts be used to promote sweepstakes and contests?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wondering if promoting sweepstakes and contests run online via Ad Grants is within guidelines. I'm having trouble finding anything on the topic.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ahmed Ali (Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Can Ad Grants accounts be used to promote sweepstakes and contests

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brian,

Sweepstakes and contests would fall under the AdWords Policy For Gambling related content.

As for Google Ad Grants, the policies state that both your ads and your keywords must be mission related.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ahmed Ali (Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brian,

Sweepstakes and contests would fall under the AdWords Policy For Gambling related content.

As for Google Ad Grants, the policies state that both your ads and your keywords must be mission related.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Robert! This case is a curious one, as the mission of the organization is fulfilled through the sale of it's products (it's a nonprofit retail store). The sweepstakes then is a prize giveaway that helps get the word out about these retail products. Do you think that would still fall outside of it's nonprofit mission?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
As beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so is mission in the eye of the reviewer.

All I will say is that if you are questioning rather it is mission based, then a reviewer would likely question it as well.