AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Broad Match Modifier and Broad Match Keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Members 

I just Set a campaign for a Ad-grant account. I added "Broad Match Modifier keyword" and "Broad Match Keyword". I am getting score near about 6. So how i can improve my campaign performance more. I am also testing same things on some other Campaign apart from AD-grant Account. 

Is this Comparison will be Good, Average or Poor  ?

Is there any Guideline that how i can reduce cost ? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aman S
November 2015

Re: Broad Match Modifier and Broad Match Keyword

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Aman,

I think it would be too early to say about the performance of the keywords. To be honest with you, Quality Score of 6 is not bad to start with. It's kind of default QS assigned when you add the keywords. Once the account start accruing data, then the actual Quality Score of your account would come into picture. In the meanwhile, focus on getting the relevant traffic and make sure the CTR is great, so that the overall performance doesn't degrade but rather improves with time.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aman S
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Aman,

I think it would be too early to say about the performance of the keywords. To be honest with you, Quality Score of 6 is not bad to start with. It's kind of default QS assigned when you add the keywords. Once the account start accruing data, then the actual Quality Score of your account would come into picture. In the meanwhile, focus on getting the relevant traffic and make sure the CTR is great, so that the overall performance doesn't degrade but rather improves with time.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But I saw a Video of that how a good quality score add can cost low even your bid is made according to our budget

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You will have to wait until the real data is gathered. Since by default the Quality Score assigned is 6. It is supposed to change when the actual data comes in when your account gathers various numbers. So probably the video you are talking about would have spoken about that only.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yes you are right. Now i improving more on landing pages and wait until the real data flow. Is there any more way to get reduce cost

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes to reduce cost
1 do the technical tagging i.e. use same keyword in ad copy and on landing page in heaqdline etc.
2. be relevant to your ads in you landing page
3. make sure your landing page is relevant to your site (not an entirely different topic)
4. use exact match
5. use negatives.
... basically go to youtube and watch the videos on the Google AdWords channel on how to do AdWords.
+ reducing cost is not really the best goal - getting value is.