AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Blue State Digital tool link

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

We have a fundraising/advocacy tool from blue state digital, and our url for that tool
only partially contains the url we have signed up with Ad grants.

Technically, it does not sit on a subdomain, but rather a co-branded page with the look and feel of our website. It also contains our url we have signed up with to Ad grants, but only partially. I am wondering if we link directly to that landing page, would it violate the Ad grants policy? It is a fundraising/campaigns page literally.

I hope what I wrote makes sense?

Thanks.

Norbert

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CPAG U
September 2015

Re: Blue State Digital tool link

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi CPAG U,

According to the policy:

Google Ad Grantees may initially promote one website domain when applying for Google Ad Grants. This website must be associated with your registered nonprofit and match the information provided in your application.

So the general rule of thumb is - Does the landing page reside on your approved domain or the 3rd-parties domain?

If it is on their domain (regardless if it matches your color scheme and navigation) you would not be able to promote it. If the landing page is on the website domain approved when you first applied with Google Ad Grants then yes, you would be able to promote it.

Further information can be found on the Website policy and promoting additional websites page in the support center.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
My recommendation would be to use a landing page on your site to present the need and benefits and then link over to the 3rd-party page for donation.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi CPAG U,

According to the policy:

Google Ad Grantees may initially promote one website domain when applying for Google Ad Grants. This website must be associated with your registered nonprofit and match the information provided in your application.

So the general rule of thumb is - Does the landing page reside on your approved domain or the 3rd-parties domain?

If it is on their domain (regardless if it matches your color scheme and navigation) you would not be able to promote it. If the landing page is on the website domain approved when you first applied with Google Ad Grants then yes, you would be able to promote it.

Further information can be found on the Website policy and promoting additional websites page in the support center.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Robert,

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately the landing page resides on BSD's server. It is literally co-branded page with our partial url.

Thank you again for the answer. Much appreciate it.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
My recommendation would be to use a landing page on your site to present the need and benefits and then link over to the 3rd-party page for donation.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Robert. I had something similar in mind initially, if we are not approved for that domain. I am hoping the BSD tool allows us to perhaps create external sign up forms like mailchimp etc. I can of course always embed one of those on a specific landing page on the main domain.

Thank you though for the heads up. Much appreciate it.