Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Billing information for Google Ad Grants

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

As a NGO, I can benefit from Google Apps for Nonprofits. I am elligible for Googe Ad Grants, and I have created a Google Ad account that has been approved. But now, Google ask me to enter billing information to activate the account. I am afraid that I will have to pay.

Can someone help me on this?

Thanks a lot

Julie for Stagiaire sans Frontières

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Billing information for Google Ad Grants

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Julie,
You are correct, you do not enter any billing information.
The message prompting you to enter billing information will be removed once your account has been submitted and approved in the Ad Grants program. If you recently submitted your account, it can take 24 to 48 hours before the message fully disappears. Continue to ignore it. If it remains there after 3 days and your account is approved please feel free to follow back up.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

As per this help center screenshot, you shouldn't be entering this billing info because it's a Google Grants account (More details here: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1332176?hl=en):-

Grants.png

Our Google Grants Expert @RobertCoats might shed some more light on this.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Julie,
You are correct, you do not enter any billing information.
The message prompting you to enter billing information will be removed once your account has been submitted and approved in the Ad Grants program. If you recently submitted your account, it can take 24 to 48 hours before the message fully disappears. Continue to ignore it. If it remains there after 3 days and your account is approved please feel free to follow back up.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert,
My account was approved and there is no requirement for billing information (This account is not billed), but it still appears a notification "Verify your primary email address. Invoices can't be sent to your email address until it's verified and not opted-out". Will it disappear in some days or I need to verify that email?
Thanks.
Lan.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

This post has been moved to its own thread since it relates to a different issue.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Lan V

You will need to verify your email address for the invoices. The invoices will be listed as $0.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Robert. I did verify it as your instruction Smiley Happy

Billing information for Google Ad Grants

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My problem is that our non-profit was just approved with a Google Ads Grant account and I followed the "get started with Adwords Express" link.  I created my first campaign/ad and got a message that we already had billing info attached to the account nd that Google would use this.  There was no option for me to remove the billing info.  I clicked next and got the message that the ad was sent for review.  I then searched through some FAQs and thought I read that if you have credit card info with this, you're going to have to redo it.  8(  So my question is:  Is that true? Can our account still be considered for the grant with a credit card attached?  If so, great. (I have the account set to $50 or less per mo.  If not, how do I go through the setup process again without having the billing info automatically come along?  Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Once billing information has been added to the account it can no longer be used as an Ad Grants account and is now a regular AdWords account. As such you will be responsible for all clicks and charges that accumulate in that account. To set up an Ad Grants account please follow the instructions exactly as provided.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK.  I signed back into our Google account and had to create a new AdWords account using our firm's other gmail email. I got this far. There was no "submit" button - just "save and finish".  Is there anyway I can check that this is being considered for the grant? As you can see, I did not add any billing information.  Thanks!

Google AdWords Help.png