AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Bidding Strategy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I keep getting this message whenever I try to create a new campaign " This bid strategy does not work with your account. Try another strategy." I tried changing the strategy, but the problem persisted. I tried to decrease the maximum bid too. 

I am wondering if this problem is occurring because I am using an Ad grant. If that is the case, how can I solve this problem? 

P.S. I have paused all my old campaigns to make sure that I have not exceeded the budget. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Bidding Strategy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You can only use manual bidding with Grants see this link for more details from Google especially this section "Bid Limit" https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1332166?hl=en

Hope that helps,
Kim

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rasha M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Please go to the SETTINGS tab for the campaign you are working on and then down to the 'Bid Strategy' section. Click Edit and are you set to: I'll manually set my bids for clicks?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You can only use manual bidding with Grants see this link for more details from Google especially this section "Bid Limit" https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1332166?hl=en

Hope that helps,
Kim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks.

I just tried to manually set the 2$ maximum bidding as mentioned in the "bid limit" section but I still got the same message. Am I supposed to do something else?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rasha M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Please go to the SETTINGS tab for the campaign you are working on and then down to the 'Bid Strategy' section. Click Edit and are you set to: I'll manually set my bids for clicks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have already tried that. It is a brand new campaign and I chose the manual option but still did not work.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, just discovered the problem. Seems like I had to choose the standard and not all features in the type section. Thanks anyway!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Rasha M

You can select the "All Features" search campaign type, you just have to be sure not to include display or search partners. With that said, Google does recommend that users select "Standard" when first starting out.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Robert but i tried to do that and it didn't work. As long as i had the 'all features' option on I kept getting the same message. It only disappeared when I used standard settings. So, i guess I will stick to standard settings.