2K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Attempts to Create a Google Adwords Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have tried multiple times to create a Google Adwords Nonprofit Application, and each time I get errors returned to me via email. I went ahead and created a new Google account just to set it up, but this is causing additional problems:

1. That account still has not been accepted.

2. The old Adwords account will not delete (it's just "inactive).

3. I cannot get the invitation from the new Adwords account/email address to send an invitation that actually works to our main account that we use for all other Google services.

Overall, this is just a big mess and I've called and logged over 15 hours of support from Google since 12/1. Is there anyone who can actually help me resolve all of these issues?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Clear your cache and then follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Ad Grants Account Creation Guide. Particularly the blue 'get started' link that is a special link that allows you to bypass billing.

Once your AdWords account is created, you still need to enroll in Ad Grants and submit your AdWords account for review.

• Sign in to your Google for Nonprofits account.
      Make sure to sign in using your Google for Nonprofits administrator account which is the account that you used when you first applied for Google for Nonprofits. It may be different than the account you used to create your Google Ad Grants account which you’re enrolling.
    • Click the ‘Sign up now’ button.
    • Click the ‘Enroll’ button beneath Google Ad Grants.
    • Confirm that your AdWords account is configured correctly
      If you followed the Ad Grants Account Creation Guide it should be but here is your chance to double check before submitting.
    • Enter the customer ID of the AdWords account you created in the form field and complete the form.
    • Click ‘Enroll’.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What seem to be the issue of the rejection or not working?

Rob Prisament

rprism@ntpmarketing.com

Google Grants Management