AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Are hospice charities allowed to apply for Google Grants?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I'm getting multiple different responses on this matter from the Google support team. Usually they're great when I get in touch but I feel I've been mislead on matters here.

There are companies who claim to manage Google Grant $10,000 accounts for hospice charities. I contacted Google before I discussed a grant application for a hospice charity and the support team explicitly reassured me that hospices were eligible to make Google grant applications. I even repeatedly reiterated the question to support team members to make sure they knew exactly what I was talking about.

I received an email from the support team today (from a separate question where the support team member said they didn't know and would get back to me by email) saying that Hospices are not eligible for Google grant accounts.

Please can someone try and find me a comprehensive answer as to whether there are hospices which are using the grant on their accounts or not -- and also whether the organisation can actually apply for one. 
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Are hospice charities allowed to apply for Google Grants?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @RD2015

The eligibility for Google Ad Grants is largely based on the eligibility of Google For Nonprofits which can be found here: https://support.google.com/nonprofits/answer/3215869?hl=en&ref_topic=3247288

Please note that the following organizations are not eligible for Google for Nonprofits:

• Governmental entities and organizations.
  • Hospitals and health care organizations.
  • Schools, childcare centers, academic institutions, and universities (philanthropic arms of educational organizations are eligible). 

And as you can see from above, hospitals and health care organizations are not eligible - but does that mean hospices as well? Well, in some cases yes, and in some cases no. You see it is really based on how the charity is classified with the IRS (or country equivalent). In the US, a hospice would typically fall under the NTEE Category code of P74 (Hospice) which is not on the list that I have of being ineligible.

My recommendation - go ahead and apply. The application is quick and easy and you get a response back in seconds.