4.5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Approved, But Ads Won't Run Due to Billing Contact Info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our organization received the approval email from Google Ad Grants, welcoming us to the program and providing us with a list of additional resources. However, when we log into our AdWords account interface we see that our campaign and ads are not yet running. We're also seeing the attached message regarding our billing contact information not being verified. All of the documents regarding Google Ad Grants and billing information say to leave this blank (since it's a Grant account). We were under the assumption that if we fill out billing informaiton we will be charged for any expenses accrued. Is this correct? If we just verify the Billing Contact details (email) and not input credit card information, will that correct our issue?

Any help/insight is greatly appreciated!
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Approved, But Ads Won't Run Due to Billing Contact Info

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ronald,

DO NOT enter any billing information. If you do, it will turn in to a paid account and you will be responsible for all charges. Additionally, you will have to build a new account from scratch for use with the Ad Grants program.

It can take a day or two for the red 'enter billing' prompt to remove from the system so if you received an email from the Ad Grants team saying that the account was approved, then chances are everything is good to go and you just need to give it 24 hours since. Give it 48 hours and then follow back up.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ronald,

DO NOT enter any billing information. If you do, it will turn in to a paid account and you will be responsible for all charges. Additionally, you will have to build a new account from scratch for use with the Ad Grants program.

It can take a day or two for the red 'enter billing' prompt to remove from the system so if you received an email from the Ad Grants team saying that the account was approved, then chances are everything is good to go and you just need to give it 24 hours since. Give it 48 hours and then follow back up.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert,
I have seen and read the many posts you have responded to with this problem. But I am stumped. I, like the others, have been approved, my campaigns are approved, with the red strip saying that I have to add billing information. I followed the creation guide carefully and did not add any billing information. But, its forcing me to add something. I've called support 4 times and they tell me to wait 30 days! I have waited, no change. Now they are telling me I have to talk to Google Appts for Work dept before my ads can run. Anyway, I downloaded the Google Adwords Editor, but I don't see anything that I need to change. I don't know what to do. There are two administrators on this google grant account. I have no problem accessing the campaigns. What do you think my problem could be?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert, I have the same problem, tried everything, evn ad AadGrants expert managing my account, but nothing seems to work to get my account approved and running

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.