Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Approval problems for AdGrants

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone!

I would like to know if someone can enlighten me up. I have had problems trying to get approval on an AdWords account for AdGrants. I already created my nonprofit profile at google.com/nonprofits and included the charity ID. Everything is OK and the profile is good.

Then, I created the account on AdWords following the guidelines. I always get rejection and this is the reason: "Your ads lead to a non-functioning website". The thing is that my site is working without issues, the website is not under maintenance or unfinished. The website is not very modern (for example, is not mobile friendly), but the content is basic but good. The website is http://www.fahl.com.mx/

I am positive this website is working, and AdWords support team does not really know. They tell me they will check internally and after two days they come with different story everytime.

Is there anyone that can help me undestand why it is rejected with this reason? I really appreciate any help given!

Have a nice day! Smiley Happy

Best regards,

David.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Approval problems for AdGrants

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David C

I tested the website and it appears to be working for me as well.

I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much Robert for the quick reply and the help!

I have filled out the information you required.

Thanks again!
Best regards,
David.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi David,
I have it and I have contacted the Ad Grants team about the issue. I will keep you posted as to what I hear back.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @RobertCoats!

Good morning! I was wondering if you got response from AdGrants team. After several sessions with Google support here in LATAM, I got a not-so-official answer that the reason was that the website took several seconds to load. The support guy was actually not sure this was the answer, but suggested me try it.

Anyways, I checked and it was because some images were very big (10MB in big images, whereas optimized now weight no more than 500Kb). I requested approval again and got the same rejecion with reason "non-functioning website". So, maybe the problem is not about thi, but something else.

Any chance you got any answers from your side? Thanks a lot for your help! Smiley Happy

Best regards,

David.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@David C

The team is reporting that the problem is that the site is not working everywhere around the globe which is an AdWords requirement (and thus an Ad Grants requirement) - you will want to check with your webmaster to ensure the site is fully crawlable and working properly for all countries around the globe.

You can read more about the AdWords policy HERE.

Just go to the section on 'Make your website crawlable' and then click 'Site not crawlable'