6.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Applying for Additional Domain for Grants Client

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is an issue for my nonprofit client because they are going to transition to a new domain name, but will still host some important content on the old domain. 

I see here in the bottom section that there is a form for adding new domains: https://support.google.com/nonprofits/answer/1657899?hl=en

Looking at the bullet points on that page, it looks like their case is a good match for having an additional domain. They are transitioning to a new Drupal-based multi-language site (big project!) which will make available the archival texts they are responsible for in multiple translations. The more dynamic content (events, blog posts, etc.) will be on a wordpress powered site on the current domain. 

Has anyone had experience with requesting an additional domain, or can someone from Google add to the information on that page about what constitutes good reasons for an exception?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Applying for Additional Domain for Grants Client

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@embarkd

The process is pretty straight forward and if you feel that your client meets the requirements, I would certainly encourage you to apply - the policy states that reviews can take up to 5 business days but I have had approvals back as early as 24-72 hours.

I would recommend, however, that you wait until the new website if fully active and is live before applying.