3K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Application clarify

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After reviewing pretty much everything in the Ad Grants information, it is still unclear if we apply for the Grant then create an AdWords campaign or do we need to have our campaign ready at the time of application? Sorry if this is a silly question, but since we need to hold a meeting to discuss the campaign I thought I should best ask before getting it messed up. Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Application clarify

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Bit more clarification of my question: We have already been approved as a non-profit
1. In the How to Apply it indicates that we apply for the Ad Grants Pgrm then wait to see if our AdWords account is set up correctly. I therefore take it we set up our AdWords account first.
2. In the Ad Grants Account Creation Guide it indicates that we need to set up an AdWords account and create an Ad Campaign before submitting it.
Which is correct?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Susan,

Welcome to the community. 

To get started, all you have to do is just follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Grants Account Creation Guide and you will be fine. 

In there, you will see The following:

Step 1: Create an account
Step 2: Create your first ad campaign
Step 3: Submit your account for review

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply Robert, but the documentation is confusing and contradictory.
What I am getting from you is that we must have an ad campaign ready before applying for the program.
Susan
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Susan,
Yes, you must have an AdWords account set up with campaigns. The Customer ID# of that account is what you will submit to Google and they will use that to review the set up of your AdWords account to ensure it was set up in a manner that can be used for Google Ad Grants.

I am sorry to hear that you find the documentation to be confusing and contradictory. I appreciate your input and I will be sure to pass along your comments to the Grants team.