AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Application Debacle -- Help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm an AmeriCorps VISTA member working with a very small nonprofit doing neighborhood revitalization in Southwestern VA.

I was thrilled to learn that Ad Grants existed, applied, and promptly made some mistakes:

• forgetting that my nonprofit has their .org domain redirect to a .com domain (slow to transition) (this looks like it will be fixed by my org soon)
  • not taking a screenshot of the initial application page with my org's mission and now concerned that the ad copy isn't matching keywords;
  • deciding to be nuts and apply for Ad grants from a G Suite account and a regular Gmail email (the original Google for Nonprofits admin email);
  • trying to use both AdWords and AdWords Express; and
  • and just generally messing around way too much with this process.

I've IM-ed with technical support twice and they're not able to help.

Every time I apply, I get an email that says "The account you submitted is affected by a technical issue and cannot be activated for Ad Grants. In order to become a Grantee, you'll need to create a new account and submit it for review."

So, I guess what I'm asking is (1) how can I completely restart this process given that my org is already registered for Google for Nonprofits, and (2) what the heck happened?!

The first step I've taken is connecting both AdWords accounts to the (now-disassociated from Google for Nonprofits) Gmail account, unlinking both from everything, and then cancelling both while removing my G Suite email as an admin.

Yours (So Very) Stupidly,
Phil

1 Expert replyverified_user

Application Debacle -- Help!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Phil H

This issue has been escalated up to the Ad Grants team for review.

Re: Application Debacle -- Help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Robert!!

Woohoo.jpgWoohoo!