AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Any Successful Grantspro Applicants Here?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The only posts I see about Grantspro applications are denials, even when the advertiser has met the new, higher requirements on spend, CTR, etc. I'm working with a nonprofit right now that will have their 2nd month of $9900+ this month and is looking to apply. Just wondering if there is anything I should be doing to improve our chances of getting accepted. It would be a huge win for them.

Shout out to @KathleenG and @RobertCoats since you guys seem to be the experts here.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Any Successful Grantspro Applicants Here?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Robert,

Keep in mind, that most users post here in the Ad Grants Community to find solutions to issues, not to post praise. So you will certainly see a larger percentage of denial posts, even though those account for a very small portion of applications.

While I cannot say what the Ad Grants team specifically looks for in a GrantsPro account I will say that from my perspective the following items are key:

1. Mission based keywords and ads - the ad spend needs to be for relevant traffic.
  2. REAL conversions - the organization really needs to be making an impact with the current grant. Lite conversions, such as tracking a page view is not necessarily an indication of the organization using the grant to make an impact.
  3. Give it time - Don't apply after just 3 months, have some time in the regular Ad Grants program first. Give it at least 6 months before applying, even if you have hit full ad spend all 6 months. 
  4. Active account management - Make sure the account is being managed on a consistent basis.
  5. Go beyond active management - The account should be optimized and follow AdWords best practices. Just because it is spending the full budget and just because someone touches the account does NOT mean that the account is properly optimized but if you are following steps 1-4 above then #5 pretty much falls into place.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'll make sure to report back after the application goes in. We've been in the Grants program for years, but the Grantspro program wasn't accepting new applicants for quite a while. With the new requirements it's very difficult to get over $9900. There is virtually no room for underutilization on any day (since $330 x 30 is $9900) so Thanksgiving torpedoed November, Christmas wrecked December, February is technically impossible to reach $9900, etc. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I hear your pain. I have just been rejected, and my daily spend has maxed out for over 3 months, CTR at 3%, and hundreds of conversions. I am at a loss. Robert Coats has been very helpful with pointers and tips, but when you know the impact that extra boost would give the organization, it is frustrating. Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What country are you in? What vertical? (If you don't mind me asking)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I'm in the US-California

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Vertical/Industry?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Robert...sorry, got busy. I am a public benefit educational organization. We match motivated students to top colleges helping them to graduate on time and debt free. Much demand...what about you?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Manage several, but this one in particular is a health professionals organization. Nationwide in the US.