Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords or Adwords Express and technical issue

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I signed up for Google for nonprofit it said I could create an Adwords or Adwords express account. Currently, I prefer the classic.  After several attempts and updates to my new Adwords account, I continue to receive emails from Google that action is required.  

• Is Google Classic Adwords still accepted or must you use Google Express?
  • Is there a comprehensive list that I can use to confirm I've setup Adwords correctly?
  • Is there a way to determine what specific technical issue(s) causes these emails?

Below is the email that I continue to receive.

• Yes, I used a different new account to setup Adwords
  • Yes, I am using Search Network only
  • Yes, I have unchecked "Include Search Partners"
  • Yes, I have disabled enhanced bidding - it is all manual
  • Yes, I have it in English and set to USD.

Thanks in Advance to anyone who might be able to assist.

John

Thank you for submitting your AdWords Express account for review.

The account you submitted is affected by a technical issue and cannot be activated for Ad Grants. In order to become a Grantee, you'll need to create a new account and submit it for review. Please read the directions below:

***PLEASE NOTE: When you create a new AdWords/AdWords Express  account, you must choose a different email address than you used for your initial account.

1. Please create a new account, by following the relevant account creation guides below:

AdWords Express Account Creation Guide: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/6077396?hl=en&ref_topic=6077566&rd=1

2. Follow the submission process for your country and reapply here: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/46115 - Select your country in the drop-down menu and follow the directions. Once you submit your new AdWords Express account for review, our team will re-review it and send you a follow up email.

Sincerely,

The Google Ad Grants Team

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Usually my posts fail to receive a response when either: 1) I've asked a stupid question 2) I missed the obvious answer elsewhere or 3) no one knows the answer.  Would someone help me know which?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Robert, thank you for your offer. I apologize for not getting back. I didn't get a notification of your post. Yesterday, Google approved the account.

My solution: Admittedly, I overlooked two key steps when creating the original account, which I corrected after my first failed submission. My Adwords account was reviewed over the phone with Google. They only recommended adding the Adwords email account as a Google Grant Administrator. That didn't work.

I created a new account, meticulously going over each step.  

Then I submitted the new Adwords account.  The error this time was "Your account contains no active ads or keywords".  I was approved within a few hours of adding my ads and keyword.