AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords account got suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Today, I logged in and saw the red bar:

Your account is suspended - We've had to suspend your AdWords account because it contains major or repeated violations of our advertising policies.

I don't understand what repeated violations as all the ads and landing pages are Approved and Eligible from the start.

I never got any notice and my ads weren't ever violating any policies (from the start).

Landing page:

http://choiceroofs.com/roofing-oklahoma-city/

The only thing we added recently is the chat popup. Can that be a problem?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Yes, the popup that takes over my screen about 10 seconds in... is bad and will bring about issues with AdWords and consumers, too. I closed the whole website as soon as it took over my screen and forced me to click yes/no. You are punishing your visitors with this. Let people control their actions while visiting your website.

Kind Regards,

James 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

At this stage ("repeated violations") not much we can help with,

The chances of Google reinstating  the account are slim.

Sorry;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You will have received emails that tell you the policy that was breached. As already stated, "major or repeated violations" is impossible to fix. 

Possibly your site has been promoted from another account at some stage?