2.5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Grant but can't progress without billing info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! This is not the same as the alert saying that you need to enter billing information.

I went to set up my first campaign, and step 3 is enter billing info. Step 4 is review. But it won't let me get past step 3 without entering billing info, which I know not to do! Where did I go wrong? Help! I tried to post a screen capture of where it won't let me proceed, but the form wouldn't let me.  Thanks so much!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clayton K
April 2016

Re: Adwords Grant but can't progress without billing info

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Clayton K

To create an Ad Grant account that allows you to bypass billing requirements of a standard AdWords account you must follow the steps outline in the Grants Account Creation Guide - particularly the 'Get Started' link. 

I recommend one of two options:
1) Creating new account following the steps as outlined in the account creation guide – be sure to use a clean email address that is not associated with any Google properties such as YouTube.

2) Download the Google Desktop editor (http://www.google.com/intl/en/adwordseditor/) and open the account there. Finish the steps to build it out, being sure to follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Grants Account Creation Guide. Once you have finished building the account out, then simply upload back to Google AdWords and then submit your newly created account (as outlined in step 3 of the Account Creation Guide) for approval.

And you should be all set. If you run into further issues, please feel free to reach back out.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clayton K
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Clayton K

To create an Ad Grant account that allows you to bypass billing requirements of a standard AdWords account you must follow the steps outline in the Grants Account Creation Guide - particularly the 'Get Started' link. 

I recommend one of two options:
1) Creating new account following the steps as outlined in the account creation guide – be sure to use a clean email address that is not associated with any Google properties such as YouTube.

2) Download the Google Desktop editor (http://www.google.com/intl/en/adwordseditor/) and open the account there. Finish the steps to build it out, being sure to follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Grants Account Creation Guide. Once you have finished building the account out, then simply upload back to Google AdWords and then submit your newly created account (as outlined in step 3 of the Account Creation Guide) for approval.

And you should be all set. If you run into further issues, please feel free to reach back out.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@RobertCoats,

Thank you so much for the help! Using the Get started link worked. Not sure how my team missed it! We seem to be up and running. Now we just wait for the requests for billing info to go away, correct?

Again. Thanks so much for your time and assistance!