Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Grant but can't progress without billing info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have an approved Adwords Grant and  an Adwords campaign ready to go - however - I get a red pop-up banner saying I need to complete billing info. The Non-profit FAQs say Non-profits should not fill in this section or you will be charged. 

I can't find an FAQ advising what to do next to get past this and set the campaign live. I would be so grateful for any suggestions.

Many thanks,

Michaela 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Global D
September 2015

Re: Adwords Grant but can't progress without billing info

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Global

Sometimes it can take a few days for the banner to disappear. Maybe you could also check to see if your ads were properly submitted to the Grants team for review.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Global D
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Global

Sometimes it can take a few days for the banner to disappear. Maybe you could also check to see if your ads were properly submitted to the Grants team for review.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's not a banner, per se. It's an application work-flow. We've been approved for google grants. Our google ads account had some issues, but in clicking to go through and create a new account or fix the previous one, Google Ads simply takes me back to the point where it asks for billing information. I don't see how it's possible to proceed. I can't seem to delete that Google Ads account and start again or how to fix or find any errors or create a new one since it seems to keep me in that account.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert,
I have created my account but also cannot seem to move past the billing information section and cannot figure out how to download my account to start again from the link you have shared. Do I need to make a new account to go through the whole process again?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Harry E

Please see my reply to your similar question over in this thread.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Trevor,

How can you check to see if your ads were properly submitted? I originally tried to set up the adwords grants account for our charity with a google account that is linked to our youtube channel, so I made a new google account, made sure the currency in in USD and have waited a few days but the red banner is still there and I can't get the ads to go live while it is there.

Any suggestions? 

Many thanks,

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
 Try going to the billing section and accept terms and conditions by accepting Terms & conditions, that should get you through. Just MAKE sure not to enter billing info because it will charge your card.

Hope this works and feel free to get back to us.

Thanks