Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Adsense and Adwords Grant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

The possibility of showing ads on a few secondary pages of our website raregenomics.org came up during a meeting.

We have an Adwords Grant that allows us to connect with dozens of patients and potential donors every month and we pay close attention to complying with every requirement and policy that the Grant requires.

We don't plan to show ads on our landing pages, only on secondary pages in a non intrusive way and only allow specific advertisers. If we managed to generate any money from it, it would be used to reduce further the cost of a genome sequencing for rare genetic disorders patients.

Our question is: is the presence of Adsense ads on a website compliant with an Adwords Grant?

Thanks so much!

Julien

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Julien,

Thanks for posting to the Community, this is a great question.

Google Ad Grants recipients cannot host Google AdSense ads on their website or affiliate advertising links.

If you currently have a Google Ad Grants account and use AdSense, you'll have to remove the AdSense ads from your website. If we find that you're in violation of the AdSense policy while participating in Google Ad Grants, we reserve the right to remove your organization from the Google Ad Grants program.

If you're required to link to an AdSense account to receive payments for the Android Market, please note that you're still eligible for Google Ad Grants as long as you don't display AdSense ads on your organization's website.

To learn more, read this article.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Spencer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Alright, then we won't apply to adsense Smiley Happy

Thank you for the quick answer

Community Manager