AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not showing from search bar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My ads are showing only to people who type "little lives uk" to Google search.

When you search from browsers address bar it doesn't rank.

Please see video here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B65IcmOpzXNVUUlkNEMtRGQzZkE

Or try it yourself as I have set this campaign for the whole world and all the languages.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads not showing from search bar

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

Here's an excerpt from the help center:

"If you repeatedly search for your own ad using Google Search but never click on it, you may stop seeing it. That's because Google's system detects the IP address of your computer, and stops showing you ads that it thinks you aren't interested in. Remember to use the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool to view your ad as it appears in Google search results instead of performing a regular search. It prevents you from racking up impressions while you try to locate your ad."

Does Ad Preview show up your ad?

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sumanth,

thanks for your answer. Yes, Ad Preview and tool display my ad. I also asked my friend in Canada to check and he says it does show up.

But I checked on the computer at work here in the UK, on my girlfriend's laptop and in the end I went to an independent computer shop and took this video:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V-dxblssUfA1cZDfYuvBIgEudCg0mQ6tTw

But as you can see the ad just doesn's show up when I do a search from address bar from Safari and it's same on Chrome.

But it works from IE and Edge. 

Any ideas?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I forgot to mention that I'm suspicious about the time zone settings. When I set the AdWords I have set up in error time zone +0. Then I have to change it to +1 London which is where I live. For some reason, my friend in Canada sees the ad in any way. With this logic, I wish I could set the time zone to test it in Canadian to see if it will show here in UK. But there is no way to change zone twice correct?