3.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Ads Not Running

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My nonprofit account says that Adwords are approved.  However, the adswords account says that the ads are not running because I have not submitted billing information.  Help!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Ads Not Running

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Merinda C

Sorry to hear about the experience you had with AdWords support. It sounds like it was less than optimal.

From what you have described, it sounds like there may have been multiple things done on the account by multiple people so before I point you in the right direction with next steps, I am going to need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Merinda,

That's really odd.

Maybe you should contact the Adwords support for further assistance on that.

This page shows you how to get in touch:
https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1646577?hl=en

General Information about billing here:
https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1332176?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the suggestion. But I tried that first and was told to read the guides and that they did not have a direct phone number to Adwords grants.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Merinda C

It could be a couple of things.

1) Have you submitted the account for review and approval yet? Have you received an email for the Ad Grants team that the account was in fact approved for Ad Grants?

2) Have you accepted the terms and conditions? - this is a common issue.

3) Is there a red banner across the top of your AdWords account when you log in? What does it say? 

4) Go to the billing summary page, does it have across that top "this account is not billed"? Or something else?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Merinda,

The person that told you that Grants didn't have support over phone is probably wrong, as this page right below from the official help center states that you can get in touch with them by phone:
https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1646577?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I "chat'd" with several people from Google Ad words today. No luck. They had me delete my ad words account twice and redo (none would believe that I really didn't add billing information). One was supposed to call me back and I waited three hours -- no call. It has a red banner across the top that says, this "Your account isn't active - To activate your account and start running your ads, enter your billing information. "

This account had an unknown administrator. We recently learned about Adwords grants and got it moved to us. When we got it, the account already said it was approved for ad grants -- so no email. I do not have a clue how to get it reviewed -- I asked on the chat but no answer. When I go on the billing part, it says Account setup

Select the country or territory where your billing address is located.
This choice may affect the payment options you’ll have in the next step.
(US)
Select a country or territory
Continue

Im not sure where I would accept terms and conditions.

Soooooooooo in summary -- I know very very little.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Merinda C

Sorry to hear about the experience you had with AdWords support. It sounds like it was less than optimal.

From what you have described, it sounds like there may have been multiple things done on the account by multiple people so before I point you in the right direction with next steps, I am going to need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I sent last night. Thank you for your help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Robert, I received an email from Google saying that

"We can see that your website "Adoption Covenant" has been approved for grants. Just to inform you, that your Ads are still not running for that you'll need to review and accept your Terms and Conditions. Please make necessary changes to run your campaign."

Of course, when I started this process it was approved for ad grants. The ad words account still says, " Your account isn't active - To activate your account and start running your ads, enter your billing information" in a red banner across the top.  The only place I find to accept terms and conditions is in the billing.  But it will not let me accept terms and conditions without entering billing information.  I responded to the email with this information -- but no response.

Do you have any suggestions?  Thank you again for your help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Try pause and enable you campaign.

Alek