AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Administrators Setting Up Ad Grants Account

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

AdGrants Friends (and of course, Mr. Coats),

I am hoping help a few organizations get their basic setup completed for Ad Grants. They are approved for Google for Nonprofits (G4N), and their status is Approved for Ad Grants in all cases. I also have full admin access to these accounts.

My question is this: Are G4N admins able to setup an Ad Grants account if we are authorized to do so by the organization? (Which email should we use if the admin email is already tied to an Adwords account, can we use a new email?).

-----

If G4N admins cannot setup Ad Grants accounts, where can we direct the owner (original G4N admin), to re-request the approval email (per the note: Congratulations! You should now be able to use this product by following the instructions in the approval email.

Goal is to find out which email we setup our Ad Grant account with for each organizationwhich we will then link to our adwords manager/ MCC account. 

Thanks in advance for the help and time.

N.B. For what it's worth I took over some accounts as the admin from a defunct administrator using proper authorization, and the only email Google sends states:

Hello,

Your request for administrative access to the Google for Nonprofits membership account for Sample Organization has been approved. Please follow the link below to access the account:

https://www.google.com/nonprofits/account/home

The original owners have been removed from the account and will no longer show as administrators.

Sincerely,

The Google for Nonprofits Team

Application Information:
Charity ID: XX-XXXXXXX
Organization: Sample Organization Name

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian K
February 2016

Re: Administrators Setting Up Ad Grants Account

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Brian K

Can G4NP admins setup an Ad Grants account? Certainly. And yes, a new email can be used if necessary.

With all of that said, unless you are a part of that nonprofit organization there very few reasons why a third-party would need to be set up as an admin on the G4NP account. I have worked with nonprofits for several years and only on the most rare occasions do I have admin access to any of my client's G4NP account. The need is so rare that I would also caution any nonprofit who is considering giving admin access to a third-party provider or agency. While Google certainly allows nonprofits to work with third-parties, Google wants to see the nonprofit taking an active role in their G4NP account and G4NP products such Ad Grants.

As such, if you are granted admin access to an account, you should certainly not be the only admin on that account. Someone from the organization (preferably at a director level) should also be listed as an admin.

Regarding Google Ad Grants, the administrator will also need to log in to review performance at least once a month so it is important that they have full admin access to the Ad Grant account as well. Again, this should be someone who is with the organization and not just a third-party.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian K
February 2016

Re: Administrators Setting Up Ad Grants Account

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Brian K

Can G4NP admins setup an Ad Grants account? Certainly. And yes, a new email can be used if necessary.

With all of that said, unless you are a part of that nonprofit organization there very few reasons why a third-party would need to be set up as an admin on the G4NP account. I have worked with nonprofits for several years and only on the most rare occasions do I have admin access to any of my client's G4NP account. The need is so rare that I would also caution any nonprofit who is considering giving admin access to a third-party provider or agency. While Google certainly allows nonprofits to work with third-parties, Google wants to see the nonprofit taking an active role in their G4NP account and G4NP products such Ad Grants.

As such, if you are granted admin access to an account, you should certainly not be the only admin on that account. Someone from the organization (preferably at a director level) should also be listed as an admin.

Regarding Google Ad Grants, the administrator will also need to log in to review performance at least once a month so it is important that they have full admin access to the Ad Grant account as well. Again, this should be someone who is with the organization and not just a third-party.