3.1K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Adgrant Daily Limit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I started using Adword/Adgrant a few days ago. Since we would like to maximize click for these past few days only, and didn't know there was a daily limit, I went and increased daily limit to $2000. I knew about the $10000 limit which we shouldn't run out.

However, after reading some online pages, I noticed that there is a $329 daily limit which should kick in when I reach the limit. However, it didn't happen for me. Yesterday, looking under transaction, there is a ~$750 charge for the day. ~$1200 for the day before that.

I am pretty sure no one from my organization had entered the billing info. Under "How you pay", it says "The account is not billed".

Am I in trouble about the charges?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adgrant Daily Limit

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ling,

You should contact Google directly and ask them about the specifics of your Google Grants billing set up. I expect you have a monthly budget, and if you've overspent today you can underspend tomorrow in order to bring your spend levels back under the monthly limit.

Call them or email them via the contact adwords link at the top right of this screen.

All the best!
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

HI Ling H,

The platform has an internal cap in place to prevent over spend of the daily budget of $329. As such, the most an Ad Grant account will spend is no more than $5-$10 over $329.

As such, if your account is spending significantly over that, then it is 99.9% likely that it was set up as a regular AdWords account with billing information.

You had mentioned in your post that:

"Under "How you pay", it says "The account is not billed"."

However, that is not the verbiage that is typically in the Billing Summary page of an Ad Grants account.

Information on how to navigate to the Billing Summary page can be found here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/142747?rd=1

If billing information has been set up in the account, then you are responsible for any incurred charges.

As @jackportersmith had mentioned, you can reach out to AdWords support and they will also be able to confirm the billing and if the account is set up as a regular AdWords account or as an Ad Grants account.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Hey Robert,

My newest account (that I mentioned in the GPC) says the exact same thing, and has a few extra settings under billing. I was forwarded the Ad Grants acceptance email so it should be all good..

I can send you a screenshot or two if you would like, but I think I will double check with support. Maybe they changed some things for new accounts?

Ross

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have contacted support, but they still count not give me an answer. I do get emails once a day or a couple of day from them saying they are still investigating. For now, I have paused all my campaign to make sure I don't get charged.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Ling, I have went ahead and escalated this for you.

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Hi Ling,
We're looking into this for you!

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is helpful. I always want to meet my total daily budget so I do set my total campaign budgets higher than $330 total. It's good to know this will not get me in trouble and Google will just cut me off.

I wasn't quite sure because today I spent $331 and yesterday $332. But sounds like there is a $5-10 wiggle room.

Now my only challenge is how to get the spend up on the weekends.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

May I interject with an additional question. With the cap, and the few extra $ wiggle room, let's say your account overspends like $450 over the $120k allotted for the entire year, then is the client on the hook for that, or is that a cost that AdWords absorbs due to their algorithm?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

As long as it is an Ad Grants account, and you have not entered any credit card information for billing, then there is nothing to worry about. Google will not bill you for any overages.