AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Grants Enrollment Status: Action Required - Issue with Website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have been working on my charity's AdWords grant for months now and we've had a number of issues that we managed to overcome. We're finally registered for Google Non-Profit, have been accepted for other grants but AdWords just won't work out.

After submitting our application for the umpteenth time, I got this email:

Unfortunately, we were unable to activate your account. Please follow the steps below to fix your campaigns and re-submit your AdWords account for

review:

1. Correct the errors in your AdWords account

Your ads lead to an irrelevant website - Your ads must lead to a functioning website with relevant content to share information about your non-profit organization and the charitable programs and services you offer.

I have checked the requirements and I don't understand what's wrong with our website? It has been whitelisted before, it's part of the Google Non-Profit application that was accepted and it has our charity number on it etc.

Resubmitting the application hasn't changed anything and I spent quite some time on the phone with the AdWords team who couldn't work the issue out either.

Has anyone had this problem before and could shed some light? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vanessa

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Vanessa W

I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello--

I'm not sure where this came from, however, I'm not the person who had the question above about Google Non-Profits..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @RobertCoats, we are having the exact same issue. Our organization is approved for Google for Nonprofits and during the Ad Grants setup followed all of the proper procedures but are getting the website irrelevant notification. If I fill out this form would you be able to help?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@John M

The form was received and escalated up to the Ad Grants team for their review. Myself or someone from Google should be following back up after their review.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks so much for your help Robert. 

How long would you say the review will take? Is there anything else I could try to do in the meantime?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Vanessa,

I am having the exact same issue with registering our nonprofit for Google Adgrants.  We are approved for everything else however, I get the same response that you were getting for Google Adgrants.  How did they fix it?