AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Grant denied due to Technical Issues

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just got an email back from Google re. the status of my Ad Grant application. It states the following:

"The AdWords account you have submitted is affected by a technical issue and cannot be activated for Ad Grants. Please create a new AdWords account and follow the instructions in the Account Creation Guide to avoid further errors."

The account I created was a brand new one and I followed the Ad Grant guidelines exactly so I'm not sure what the problem is. I just tried to go to the Google Ad Words Team support page but it didn't help, there was no option for what I needed. Are there any other support pages I can go to or can someone help?

1 Expert replyverified_user

AdWords Grant denied due to Technical Issues

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Emma O

Situations like this occasionally pop up - unfortunately, once the account has been affected with a technical issue, the only option is to create a new account.

Follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Ad Grants Account Creation Guide. Particularly the blue 'get started' link that is a special link that allows you to bypass billing. Once you have the account shell created, you can download the current campaigns from the old account into AdWords Editor and then paste them over into the new account shell and complete the account creation process there and then you can upload the account back to AdWords and then complete the account submission process as listed in step 4 of the Account Creation Guide.