AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Grant bid limit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! Quick question-can we ad a credit card/billing option to our Google Grand account for AdWords? Some of our keywords need more than the $2 max bid and we just wanted to know if we could "purchase" the bid amount that is over $2. So for example, if a bid for the first page needs $2.50, we use the Grant for $2.00 and are billed the $.50.

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

AdWords Grant bid limit

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Chappell R

No, you cannot add a credit card to Ad Grants account – doing so will turn it into a paid AdWords account.

However, as a grantee you are allowed to set up an additional paid AdWords account to use for targeting keywords that you feel you cannot be competitive with in the grant account due to the two dollar Max bid. I also recommend using paid accounts for display and remarketing ads.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

AdWords Grant bid limit

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Chappell R

No, you cannot add a credit card to Ad Grants account – doing so will turn it into a paid AdWords account.

However, as a grantee you are allowed to set up an additional paid AdWords account to use for targeting keywords that you feel you cannot be competitive with in the grant account due to the two dollar Max bid. I also recommend using paid accounts for display and remarketing ads.

AdWords Grant bid limit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Robert!