2.2K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Grant Denied

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm hoping to get some guidance as my application for a grant was denied due to the "primary mission did not meet our eligibility policy". Furthermore, in the e-mail that I received, it said that the mission filed with the IRS does not meet the requirements.

Joyful Journey is a bit of a unique non-profit organization. We are non-medical, social adult (18+) day care center. Therefore, we should not fall under the childcare or healthcare limitations.

In essence, family members can bring their loved ones to our organization for care and supervision throughout the day. These guests (what we call 'Friends') are active in various activities including games, music, and other activities. We have community volunteers participate often; whether it is a musical duet, therapy dog, or simply someone coming in to read a story, our Friends are engaged from the time they are dropped off to the time that they are picked up.

I'm hoping someone can please re-review our application, as a grant for AdWords would truly make a difference in promoting this opportunity to our community members.

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: AdWords Grant Denied

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Gerard B

Thanks for posting in our community. I took a look at your Guidestar profile and I see that you are listed under the NTEE category code of E21 (Community Health Systems).

Unfortunately, E21 (Community Health Systems) is one of the category codes that is ineligible for the program. If this category code does not properly reflect your organization then you can update your Guidestar profile to reflect the accurate category code and then reapply after the NTEE category code has been corrected.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Gerard B

Thanks for posting in our community. I took a look at your Guidestar profile and I see that you are listed under the NTEE category code of E21 (Community Health Systems).

Unfortunately, E21 (Community Health Systems) is one of the category codes that is ineligible for the program. If this category code does not properly reflect your organization then you can update your Guidestar profile to reflect the accurate category code and then reapply after the NTEE category code has been corrected.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, Robert. I have contacted GuideStar in an effort to update our profile. I will reply back when I have it figured out.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Robert, I have updated our profile to an E86 ETEE. Does that qualify? I struggle to find the best ETEE code that fits our unique opportunities.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I, too, would love to see a list of NTEE codes that qualify, Robert. Specifically (for us) under the F category, Mental Health.

I know it gets complicated as organizations can have one or more classifications, but if we could get a direct 1:1 chart that may help a LOT of people.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Gerard B

Regarding what would qualify, I would only be able to point you to the eligibility guidelines listed on the G4NP 'Join' page. With that said, once your Guidestar profile is showing the updated information, I would certainly encourage you to reapply.

@Brian K 

The NTEE category list I have is not a public list so I am not be at liberty to share it. However, any NTEE code that lists a type of care facility or an organization that provides treatment would most certainly fall under an ineligible category. 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Gerard B

Now that you have updated your NTEE, are you still running into approval issues on this?