5.7K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Editor 11.0.1 problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have both a paid AdWords account and an AdGrants account.  What I have been trying to do at the moment is (using the Edtor, v. 11.0.1) download our existing campaigns from the Paid account, make some necessary changes, and upload them to the AdGrants account.   It is not working;  I have contacted Google AdWords support and they have not been able to help;  I am told that it is an ongoing issue with the new editor and is not limited to AdGrants accounts.

What I am doing is this:

- download the campaigns I want to work with using the Paid account login

- use Copy and Paste to paste the campaigns into the AdGrants account

- make changes:  basically I am changing the name of the campaign and the type (Search with Display Select changes to Search only) .  I also set the Default Max CPC to $ 2.00 and then change any keyword bids that are above $ 2.00, setting them to the Default Max CPC for the ad group.  In this way there is nothing above $ 2.00.  I then try using Post and I get an error at the campaign level;  what is flagged is the Bid Strategy.  It seems to object to Manual Max CPC bidding;  but there is nothing I can change it to;  the only other available option applies only to Display Network campaigns.

Can anyone help with this ?  Would appreciate your replies

Charles S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Charles S
September 2015

Re: AdWords Editor 11.0.1 problem

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Charles S,

Adwords Editor 11 is still under development and there are errors here and there.

I would recommend you to post this in the topic: AdWords Editor 11.0 - Discuss with the Google Engineers and the Product Managers

And Adwords developer AdWordsEng-Igor or somebody else will give you a hint whether this is a bug or how to proceed in this case.

Alex

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Charles S
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Charles S,

Adwords Editor 11 is still under development and there are errors here and there.

I would recommend you to post this in the topic: AdWords Editor 11.0 - Discuss with the Google Engineers and the Product Managers

And Adwords developer AdWordsEng-Igor or somebody else will give you a hint whether this is a bug or how to proceed in this case.

Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks, I will do that