Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords/Ad Grants Horror Story

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

We've had a whale of a problem at my nonprofit, where I'm relatively new and in a new role of digital communications.

I've been trying to get AdWords and Ad Grants up and going, but we quickly learned that, despite the fact that we never used it, somebody "hacked" our account by registering as our nonprofit with Google and created an AdWords account that ended up being suspended. That was in 2014.

Fast-forward to the present, and I'm getting the run-around from Google as I first tried to un-suspend the account so we can create ads that are legitimate... then started trying to just remove the AdWords account overall, so we can start a new, clean, account... and now I'm thinking the best way may be to find a way to revoke our entire nonprofit status, if possible.

I don't know what to do, because programs are banking on ad support that we can't afford without the help of Google.

We've filled out multiple forms (apply to reinstate account, etc), sometimes repeatedly (asked to be Google representatives), and been denied regarding all requests.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much.
1 Expert replyverified_user

AdWords/Ad Grants Horror Story

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.