AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

AdGrants and Nonprofit URL Mix-up...what to do?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I applied for Google Ad Grants through the Google for Nonprofits program. For sake of explanation, let's say that the URL that I used to associate with the nonprofit was www.abc.org. I was approved for Google Noprofit and Ad Grants and the Adwords account was activated today. Great, I thought!

But just learned today that www.abc.org actually redirects to www.a-b-c.org (again, just using these URLs as an example). So, I created my first ad: Display URL was www.abc.org and I put in the URL of the landing page I created which was www.a-b-c.org/info. Obviously, Google didn't like the fact that the Display URL and the landing URL had different domains.

How can I fix this?

#1 - One possibility is to fix it on my end and fix my sites so that www.a-b-c.org redirects to www.abc.org as opposed to the way it is now. Then when I create my landing pages in Wordpress, I'll end up with www.abc.org/info instead of www.a-b-c.org/info.

#2 - Is there any way that someone at Google can simply respond to an email, see what happened and update my account. This would seem to me to be a relatively quick fix if I could just find someone to make the change. In other words, just change the URL from www.abc.org to www.a-b-c.org

#3 - Delete my Ad Grants and Non-Profit account and start all over again. Given that it has taken nearly 3 weeks to get this far, I hate to go with this option. If I need to do this, how do I delete the account so that I can start over?

Any advice? Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Herb R
September 2015

Re: AdGrants and Nonprofit URL Mix-up...what to do?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Herb,

Yes, call them back and let them know that you are nonprofit enrolled in Ad Grants.Most of the reps are are familiar with Ad Grants and its policies. Having the link on hand can certainly help.

If you run into issues, let me know.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Robert:
Took a day or so, but problem resolved.

Thank you!

Herb

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Herb,
Please see the following help file that explains (near the bottom of the page) if an organization needs to change website domains.
https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1657899

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Robert for the quick reply! I'm breathing a bit easier now and keeping my fingers crossed that I haven't wasted 3 weeks.

One follow-up question: I did call the AdWords team earlier (right before they closed for the day) and the gentleman I spoke to really didn't offer this as a solution. Would you suggest just calling back tomorrow and trying to find someone a little more knowledgeable and, perhaps, also having the link you provided at hand. It sounds like if I make a good case and they can confirm that I am the owner of both domains, that it should be approved, correct?

Thanks, again!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Herb,

Yes, call them back and let them know that you are nonprofit enrolled in Ad Grants.Most of the reps are are familiar with Ad Grants and its policies. Having the link on hand can certainly help.

If you run into issues, let me know.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Robert:
Took a day or so, but problem resolved.

Thank you!

Herb