AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

AdGrants Pro application was rejected-what happened?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

In less than 12 hours, our application was rejected....what happened?  We reached 9935 spend in January and maxed out in February, with CTR nearly 3%...It just seems so quick that we were denied.  Who can I ask what happened?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lawrene B
September 2015

Re: AdGrants Pro application was rejected-what happened?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Lawrene,
A full daily spend in February would still not add up to the required monthly spend of at least $9900. Again, you have to hit the minimum monthly spend of $9900 in two different months. Full daily spend in February would still not meet this requirement. As such, February spend is never a consideration, regardless if the daily was maxed each and every day.

If you are basing your qualifications on your daily spend in February, then that is likely the reason for the disapproval. You may certainly give it another month or two and then reapply. Just be sure that you meet all Grantspro eligibility requirements before doing so.

View solution in original post

Ad Grants Pro rejected in less than 12 hours

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey all....how would I find out why my Grants Pro application was rejected so fast?

I hit 9935 in January, and maxed out every day in Feb (only making 9240).  What do you suggest?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Lawrene B 

What reason was given in the determination email? 

Also, you had mentioned in your post that you had full daily spend in the month of February - however a full daily spend in February would still not add up to the required monthly spend at least $9900 for at least two different months over the last six months.

Also, has your account been active for at least 6 months?

Lastly, please understand that meeting the minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the Grantspro program. Google evaluates several criteria during the selection process, such as impact of the organization overall, impact of the additional programs or services the organization plans to promote with the additional grant money, and whether the plans are rooted in research and data that demonstrate how the organization plans to make the world a better place.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Robert....thanks for the timely response! Yes to the 6 months. Didn't do squat the first 3 months, then I moved up the learning curve, and maxed out about every 3rd day during the second 3 months, and now, the third 3 months, we are maxing out every day since Jan 7th, usually by noon...with a strong CTR, and yes, I completely understand that meeting minimum requirements doesn't mean anything except moving on to the next level of selection. Smiley Happy I'm a college counselor...minimum GPA is only the first hurdle to clear.

So what I am understanding is that the 2 months of 9900 cannot include a short month like February. Do you suggest I wait until March is over and re-submit...is that possible?
This is what the letter said...10 hours after I submitted...
------------
Hello,
We appreciate your interest in the Grantspro program. At this time, we did not select your organization to receive the Grantspro additional services.

However, we're pleased to have your organization remain in the Google Ad Grants program. We encourage you to take advantage of your current $10,000 monthly budget. You may wish to review your current ad campaigns to ensure that you're making the most of your budget.

Visit the Google Ad Grants Help Center for questions:
https://support.google.com/grants/?hl=en#topic=3500124

Thanks for your continued participation in Google Ad Grants.

Sincerely,
The Google Ad Grants Team
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lawrene B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Lawrene,
A full daily spend in February would still not add up to the required monthly spend of at least $9900. Again, you have to hit the minimum monthly spend of $9900 in two different months. Full daily spend in February would still not meet this requirement. As such, February spend is never a consideration, regardless if the daily was maxed each and every day.

If you are basing your qualifications on your daily spend in February, then that is likely the reason for the disapproval. You may certainly give it another month or two and then reapply. Just be sure that you meet all Grantspro eligibility requirements before doing so.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
That is what I thought...So I will submit after maxing out March. Thanks for your help, as always Robert! Enjoy your day... Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Robert- I applied again March 31, maxing out 3 months in a row, but because Feb was short, didn't meet the 9900. So My adspend was eligible, my CTR was over 2.5%, and I have conversions. I was rejected again. Is there any way to know why? What can you suggest what would get Google to consider us? College readiness, both financial and academic are huge problems, and getting out the word for some free and low cost resources is so important.

Blessings- Lawrene

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Lawrene,
How long have you had your Ad Grants account?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Robert...Since June 2014

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Lawrene,

Unfortunately, not all applicants for GrantsPro are approved. The reasons why an application is rejected is not disclosed.

As stated on the above referenced link:

Please note that meeting the minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the Grantspro program. We evaluate and weigh several criteria during the selection process, such as impact of the organization overall, impact of the additional programs or services the organization plans to promote with the additional grant money, and whether the plans are rooted in research and data that demonstrate how the organization plans to make the world a better place.

I wish I had different news for you but if you met all of the GrantsPro eligibility requirements, but were still not approved then I am afraid the decision is final.

$10K/month is still a LOT of free advertising and is still a very generous gift.