AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

AdGrants Adwords Set up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are approved for Google Non Profit status and are enrolling for Google AdGrants. I set up an account two years ago but never created a campaign or submitted it for approval. I'm now ready to create a campaign.  I suspect I set it up wrongly because when I go to create a campaign and it asks for billing information.

So can I delete this account and set up a new one, still associated with our gmail account? It says I have to set up a new account with a new email but the new email isn't associated with our approved non-profit status.

What do you suggest I do?

Judy from Hospice Calgary

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdGrants Adwords Set up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am having exactly the same problem, it seems one of the application requirement check boxes state that you do not enter billing information. Another requirement is that the account must contain one active and approved ad and one active and approved keyword - the problem with this is to activate it, you are required to fill in the billing information! It's such a long process, this application could be made so much easier.

It's even more difficult not being able to pick up the phone to call the Google Ad Grants team.

Doe anyone know the answer to this?

Rebecca from National Cancer Research Institute

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Hospice C

Hi Judy,

If you never submitted the AdWords account for review and approval as an Ad Grants account, you may certainly use that same account - as long as billing information has never been applied to it. In that case, you would need to set up a new account for the steps exactly as outlined in the Grants Account Creation Guide.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@NCRI A

Hi Rebecca,

For those that are not familiar with the process it can seem a little daunting. To get started, all you have to do is just follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Grants Account Creation Guide and you will be fine. One of the keys to setting up the account is being certain to use the 'Get Started' link which is a special link for Grantees that allows them to bypass the billing requirements.

As mentioned above, sometimes the process and management can be a bit daunting to those that are unfamiliar with Ad Grants and AdWords. As such, if you need professional help with the set up, then there is a list of qualified agencies in the Google For Nonprofits Marketplace. Simply filter by product and select: AdWords to see a list of agencies that specialize in helping nonprofits with AdWords. (*disclosure - my agency is listed in there as well.)