Guide Me
star_border

AdGrants Account suspended

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Our non-profit -- BECA.org Foundation, Inc. -- recently was informed that our Google Ad Grants account was suspended. 

An e-mail suggests that we click "Sign Up Now" under Google Ad Grants.

There is no sign-in link offered but we went to https://www.google.com/nonprofits/account/home and were welcomed by this page: 

Screen Capture Google for Nonprofits 3-5-17.PNG

There is no mention of Google Ad Grants here. Furthermore, we have been a verified user of G Suite for Nonprofits for years. 

We are mystified by all of this and unsure how to proceed to reactivate our Ad Grands account.

Any ideas on steps to follow would be most welcome.

Thanks for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Howard Hunchak

Founder, BECA.org Foundation, Inc.

P.S. Another e-mail is requesting payment for an unpaid balance of $631.50. Huh?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Howard,

Really sorry to hear about this!

I recommend reaching out to the Google Grants support team. Here's a link: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1646577?hl=en&ref_topic=3500126

Best,

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have this same issue. As far as I know, our Google Ad Grant has always been part of the Google for Nonprofits program. And when I log into Google for Nonprofits, it shows I'm already enrolled. But now my account is cancelled, and there's a $661 balance on my account.

I'll reach out to the support team, but want to let people know this is happening to more of us.

Dan Ruth

Lutheran World Relief

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've got a nonprofit with the same exact issue. They had an old Ad Grant account created before Google for Nonprofits existed. They recently carefully went through the process of creating a Google for Nonprofits account and linking it with the existing Ad Grant account. But then this morning the Ad Grant account was suspended. On logging into the Google for Nonprofits account, it says that their Ad Grant account is approved. I'm guessing there is a bug somewhere or else a step that Google expects us to take but which people are not realizing needs to be taken.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have the same issue. What about the payments? On my account is a message that says that I should pay for the money spent. By the end of April, everything was fine. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would recommend calling Google AdWords. Make sure you have your AdWords customer account number as well as your Google charity number. Note that the admin email for Google Nonprofits must be the same as the admin email on the Ad Grant account.

The nonprofit I serve which is experiencing the same situation has a call into Google AdWords, and the support staff said they will look into the matter and get back in 24-28 hours.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Accounts that have not completed the enrollment by April 30th 2017 have been temporarily suspended. If your account was affected, you will have received an email to the login email addresses on the account. To reactivate your temporarily suspended AdWords Express or AdWords account, simply complete the enrollment of the account in Google for Nonprofits following the steps on the following help file:
https://support.google.com/grants/answer/7384954

When you receive confirmation of the approval of your enrollment, your Ad Grants account will be automatically reactivated within 24 hours. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately today in Poland is a day off so I can`t contact the support. I do not know what these costs mean and I'm a little worried.

Re: AdGrants Account suspended

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Regarding charges on suspended accounts:

Ignore any billing related messaging or request. If your Ad Grant account is reinstated, the billing balance issue should not affect the serving of your account since Ad Grant accounts are considered to be non-billable accounts.

Re: AdGrants Account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just got off the phone (twice) with AdWords support. They told me this is a "known issue", as they're getting a lot of phone calls today, and will have to get back to me.

I was originally told that my AdWords account was not part of Google For Nonprofits, but it actually has been since ~2011.

They kept asking me to log into Google for Nonprofits and click the "Enroll" button for AdWords. But because I already had been enrolled, that option was not available, saying only "Status: Approved" (see below). Here's to hoping they figure this out!

Capture.JPG